Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Aurora, Illinois | 10% Travel
Lean Focus Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonova Holding AG, headquartered in Staefa, Switzerland, is the leading manufacturer of innovative hearing care solutions worldwide. The group operates through its core business brands – Phonak, Unitarian, Advanced Bionics and Connect Hearing – and offers its customers one of the most comprehensive product portfolios in the industry – from hearing aids to cochlear implants to wireless communication solutions. Founded in 1947, the company is currently present in over 90 countries across the globe and has a workforce of over 9,000 dedicated employees. It is a public company, traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will provide the leadership, coaching, support and project management to the organization to support the company’s lean transformation. This position will identify areas of potential improvement and work with Department Leaders to realize the improvement potential by using tools that include Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Daily Management, Standard Work, Pull Systems and Design for Lean Six Sigma. This position covers the Aurora Distribution Center and will ensure that all improvements implemented are consistent with all Regulatory, Quality, and Corporate Compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (advanced degree helpful).
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Toyota Production System or company with similar system.
- 7 or more years of experience in Continuous Improvement, with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership role and demonstrated track record of implementation success.
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills with background with ERP/MRP systems (prefer SAP) and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.