Continuous Improvement Manager
Location: Dallas, TX | Minimal Travel
Lean Focus Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about all things Kaizen? Would you like to work in a fast paced, high growth organization that is committed to building and maintaining a strong lean culture? This is an opportunity to partner with the Director of Operations to lead a lean transformation, showcase your lean leader skills, and grow with the company as operations are expanded. A critical focus for this role is conducting Kaizen events to drive standard work and Kanban systems while providing the people leadership necessary to build a culture of continuous improvement. If you like to be hands-on, take ownership for lean initiatives and hold yourself accountable for delivering results, then this is the right company for you!
A market leader in large, global, medical technology market that has built a differentiated product portfolio through commitment to R&D and continuous innovation to stay at the forefront of customer preferences. With sales in over 47 countries and growing worldwide revenue, Deloitte has recognized our client as one of the Fastest Growing companies in North America in back to back years according to the Technology Fast 500.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across multi-jurisdictions including Operations, RQ/QA, Materials, Procurement, and Engineering. This position will help foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation. The Continuous Improvement Manager supports, coaches, and helps execute cross functional problem solving in all production areas to ensure that safety, quality, volume, and cost metrics are achieved. This role will assist in strategic planning, establishing work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity. Offers production process analysis and makes recommendations on solutions to process improvements.
- Manage production facility and a team of supervisors to achieve production goals.
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Work with key business stakeholders, and multi-jurisdictional “LEAN champions” to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change.
- Lead and facilitate lean/process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions including: VSM, Standard Work, TPI, Kanban, 3P, VRK, etc.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a “best-in-class” continuous improvement strategy.
- Take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls.
- Work with other team members and business services departments to devise new support material based on the revised processes, to include training, reporting and systems enhancements.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, always reported on and managed.
- Set up a program, deliver coaching and run projects per jurisdiction.
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects.
- Propose, plan and assist in the execution of cost reduction and productivity improvement projects.
- Assist in the implementation of standard operating procedures and verify adherence.
- Optimize workflows to remove waste and increase efficiency.
- Monitor quality standards.
- Develop training plans to cross train individuals on critical skills and requirements.
- Preform a Root Cause analysis and problem solve with A3 thinking.
- Operate within and verify adherence to FDA and ISO 13485 standards.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, or related technical/supply chain discipline, required.
- MBA or advanced degree in management or professional certification in manufacturing disciplines, preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in operations for a medical device manufacturing company.
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis, required.
- 2 years management experience, with a minimum of five direct reports in a manufacturing environment, required.
- Prior experience working with companies known for their lean cultures or that have lean embedded as part of their business systems
- Six Sigma black belt or equivalent Lean experience, required.
- Intermediate knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, Oracle, Ultriva, required.
- Kaizen facilitator, preferred.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Lean Focus, LLC. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At Lean Focus, we help businesses overcome their biggest challenges by transforming them for the better, and for the long-term.