Vice President, Operations
Location: Broomfield, CO | 40% Travel
Lean Focus Recruiter: email@example.com
This position will be responsible for operations at four plants for the NoTrax and Checkers Safety Group that generate more than $110MM in annual revenues, including sustaining engineering, quality, production control, logistics, and purchasing. The VP Operations will drive long-term manufacturing strategy and Continuous Improvement/Lean implementation at each site to improve KPI’s. They will be responsible for the long-term objectives for the operations, including integrating newly acquired businesses to match corporate goals.
Since 1906, Justrite has been recognized as an industry leader in the safe management of flammable liquids and other hazardous materials. Today our products include safety cabinets and large outdoor storage buildings, safety vessels and containers for laboratory and industrial applications, spill containment, secondary spill containment, safety showers and eye/face washes, gas cylinder handling equipment, and a range of custom engineered solutions.
Justrite Safety Group is a growing family of industrial safety companies. Together we protect workers, workplaces and the environment with a comprehensive range of industrial safety solutions. All Justrite Safety Group portfolio companies are united by deep safety knowledge, long experience, and a commitment to protecting people, property and the planet.
- Lead plants with a focus on safety and a process-driven approach
- Accountable for establishing a Lean culture and implementation of key Continuous Improvement tools (one-piece flow, Lean Daily Management, standard work, SMED, Kanban, pull system, Problem Solving Process/A3 thinking etc.).
- Developing and executing manufacturing optimization plan
- Supporting integration of newly acquired businesses according to company standards around safety, quality, delivery, cost, productivity, and inventory turn
- Developing strategy around OTD, capital utilization, labor and material efficiencies, and engineering effectiveness; setting long-term objectives for the business
- Collaborating to ensure coordination on global projects for material sourcing and regional manufacturing expansion
- Managing KPIs and other metrics around quality, productivity, purchasing, material usage, logistics, labor productivity, warehouse cost, and freight management
- Recruiting, training, and developing employees
- Managing and approving budgets
- BS in Engineering, Business, or Management
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations management
- Minimum 7 years of experience with Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Lean Certification
- Proven experience implementing lean methodologies including Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving Process/A3, SMED, TPM, Standard Work, Kaizen, 5S, etc.
- Experience with developing a Lean implementation roadmap and rollout
- Previous multi-site operations management experience desired
- Ability to operate both tactically and strategically
- Defining future direction of the organization; foster culture of change with a hands-on management style
- Experience with manufacturing optimization and footprint analysis
- Experience working in a team environment preferably with a small to medium size company
- Ability to travel as needed between plants
- Experience in the injection molding and foam molding industry a plus
- International experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General computer skills and advanced MS Office Suite experience