Vice President, Lean Business Systems
Location: Denver, Colorado | Minimal Travel
Lean Focus Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, almost 800 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously. For the last 30 plus years we’ve been building a world class real estate company. Over the last few years we’ve worked to create products and services for our customers driven by our scale. We are looking to the future with innovation outside of core business, driven by our customers.
Prologis is looking to hire their first VP of Lean Business Systems to design, adopt, and execute lean methodologies across the enterprise.
The Prologis Business Systems team will be an integral part of the way they run their business for the long-term. With a focus on creating, supporting, and assisting the improvement efforts tied to the company’s most critical business processes; primarily in the innovation, commercial, and operations functions. Through analyzing processes, diagnosing operational challenges, and implementing process changes, the Business System Office will drive continuous improvement and breakthrough performance that will continue to shape company culture and brand.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for impact on results and culture by establishing standards, institutionalizing management processes, and adopting consistent problem-solving methods. As the architect of Prologis’ Business System, this leader will build an action plan to identify opportunities and implement tools and processes such as; the lean resource headcount model, the project funnel prioritization process, etc. which will ultimately define the lean culture and activities. This will require significant change management to effectively embed throughout the growing organization and a strong knowledge of system solutions.
- Minimum seven (7) years in a lean/operational leadership role
- Minimum of ten (10) years mastering a variety Lean and Growth-related tools such as: Strategy Deployment, Problem Solving, Daily Management, Standard Work, and VSM/Process Mapping, System solutions
- Ideally built and/or designed business system for global organization
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations
- Familiarity with various real estate investment trusts
- Excellent time and project management
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business
- Six-Sigma Black Belt or other relevant Lean certification, or higher strongly desired
- Successfully managed multi-million-dollar budget and/or P&L