Location: Wausau, WI | Minimal Travel
Lean Focus Recruiter: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Plant Manager is responsible for overall plant operations. He/ She has direct responsibility of the facility’s safety, quality, delivery, productivity, administrative and financial performance. This is accomplished through leading, directing and managing the subordinate department managers and office staff. The Plant Manager is also responsible for employee development, staffing, project management and annual operating budget preparation and recommendations.
The Plant Manager is the main point of contact between the company’s corporate office and the respective manufacturing location. He/ She works closely with corporate accounting, Human Resources and freight operations. The Plant Manager is responsible for developing the lean culture of the facility and successfully leading the operation by practicing Core Values. This position provides leadership for the facility and sets goals and executes strategies to meet corporate and regional business objectives.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of supervisory/managerial experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment is required.
- BS. degree in Engineering/Manufacturing Management is required. An advanced degree would be a definite plus (but not essential), especially if coupled with strong industry experience.
- Fundamental understanding of organizational relationships and other functional activities (i.e. HR, Finance, QC, etc…) is also required.
- Working knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques, philosophies and problem-solving tools (e.g. TQM, JIT, SPC, Kaizen…) is desirable.
- Dominant personal traits to perform this job are strong interpersonal and leadership skills. One must have a highly developed ability to effectively communicate and build teamwork in all directions.
- Must possess ability to think ahead, determine and understand consequences or reaction(s) to a given set of actions, formulate next steps and have ability to execute through given resources while maintaining focus and understanding of the goal by all.
- A high, yet pragmatical sense of urgency, determination, desire to succeed, refusal to fail and enthusiasm are all necessary attributes.
- Good listening skills with the ability to interpret, filter and process input leading to sound conclusions and decision making consistent with the company’s core values is also essential.
- Intelligence and a good problem-solving thought process are very important. Demonstrated open-mindedness, flexibility and a willingness to learn.